Traditional and Video Lottery, Online Gaming, and Tribal Gaming
Our lawyers have extensive experience in all sectors of the highly regulated gaming and lottery industries, including all aspects of traditional and video lottery; internet and online gaming; tribal gaming; and media relations and crisis management for gaming and lottery companies. In particular, Steven Ungar served as Commissioner and Chairman of the Oregon State Lottery from 2005-2012, and has served as special compliance counsel and general counsel to public companies doing business in the gaming, lottery and parimutuel betting industries.
Steven’s expertise and representative matters in this area include:
- Advising two Oregon Governors (2005-2012) on lottery issues including maximizing Oregon Lottery revenues; implementing responsible gaming measures; securing funding for specific projects; and media inquiries.
- Advising businesses and individuals in lottery issues in the U.S., Canada and international jurisdictions.
- Acting as special counsel to an Australian lottery firm regarding its international marketing, regulatory and general legal affairs.
- Advising buyers, sellers and investors in transactions in regulated gaming and lottery projects involving operational compliance and due diligence processes.
- Coordinating with specialists to protect intellectual property including patents, trademarks, and copyrights while assuring appropriate confidentiality.